Nikon Z8/Z9 multiple recall shooting buttons???

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Viseguy

Tried setting up two different recall shooting function buttons, but wouldn't appear to be permitted. You can program more than one button, but they have to share same settings.... :-(

Frustrating isn't it?

Add this you your list and send it to Nikon/NPS like a vast number have already. Steve,me, me, me, me, and so on. This did not make TH'd list though -- I thought it did - perhaps he does not use it.

I will be seeing the whole NPS UK crew on Wednesday at a UK roadshow - and have a list for them - latest :
  1. Z9 - why are the distance ranges auto-capture so FAR AWAY 8m/11m for a 400/2.8TC without and with the TC engaged)? [Clarify what does Auto-Capture focus on when a subject is not in the frame -- and shouldn't it stay at the pre-focussed distance when it is active AND not actually shooting {pre-release capture was not in focus for me} [hopefully added to the Z8 later]
  2. Z8/Z9 - add multiple Shooting Recall Function Hold per custom mem bank options AND add ability to engage/disengage SD to a button.
  3. Z8/Z9 - Preset focus distance to the Hyperfocal distance -- a really simple calc why can't we just press a button and have the camera do it?
  4. Z8/Z9 - HLG/HEIF/N-Log -- give us access to ISO 64 not just Low ISO settings.
  5. Z8/Z9 - are we heading in the same direction with the almost identical cameras ? { i know Nikon cannot comment but ........}
  6. Z8/Z9 - can we PLEASE have a 3D-LUT for N-Log (N-RAW and others) that delivers with DaVinci Resolve Wide Gamut Intermediate and not just Rec 709 2.4
  7. HLG/SDR - I see the potential but much more guidance required about the direction of travel and when software other than NX Studio will be "really" useable
  8. NX tether - severe issues with Venture 13.4 - it just HANGs
  9. plus a lot of other stuff from mine and other lists

Last edited:
Back