Nikon Z9 - Gross Underexposure

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Charles Loy

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Not sure if interesting, or where this should be placed - here it is
Yesterday I was notified that 'large wild birds' were in a field a mile from my home. I failed to set my Z9 from last project and totally underexposed the few images of tame chickens. What the heck, try to edit for the fun of it. Photo one is the exposure from camera, 2 is after edit of the Z9 NEF file. Totally amazed me
9670_01This.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

_9670-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

How many stops you think you added? 4? 5? It's a great sensor.

Thanks... It was very overcast yesterday, shutter speed of 1/160 or 1/200th may have nailed it. Original was a raw file and I did the editing in Adobe Camera Raw.
You can right click the first image, copy and paste drop it into your software, take a look. But that will post as jpg so unlikely it will edit proper

Not sure if interesting, or where this should be placed - here it is
Yesterday I was notified that 'large wild birds' were in a field a mile from my home. I failed to set my Z9 from last project and totally underexposed the few images of tame chickens. What the heck, try to edit for the fun of it. Photo one is the exposure from camera, 2 is after edit of the Z9 NEF file. Totally amazed me
View attachment 49236

View attachment 49237
Amazing👍

Back