Nikon Zf w/Smallrig grip >>> card removal šŸ¤Ø

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Larry S.

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Nikonā€™s Zf, for all that it does, is small and lacks gripping surfaceā€¦ I got the ā€œSmallrigā€ grip attachment to address this issue. Itā€˜s made/fits well and provides the gripping area I wanted. Howeverā€¦.. the frame extends 5/16ā€ below the camera body. This creates a potential SD card removal issue. When the battery/card door is open the Smallrig frame obstructs thumb and forefinger access for card removal. Maybe I have fat fingersā€¦ā€¦no I donā€™t, just old. I tried depressing the card with my nail and quickly releasing it to see if it would launch high enough to grab. No such luck. Soā€¦ TWEEZERS to the rescueā€¦ Just passing this onā€¦..
IMG_0331.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

IMG_0332.jpeg

IMG_0334.jpeg

IMG_0333.jpeg

SmallRig is consistently bad.

I use the Universal L-bracket from RRS.

Img12550.jpg
Img12545.jpg
Img12548.jpg

Someone shared a tip on another forum of using another sd card or something similar to place behind the card (side towards the small rig grip, to help apply pressure. I had issues with removing the prograde card I had with the small rig grip attached but my Delkin Black SD card I have no issues with. the noted tip did work with the prograde card.

I have a Zf with the SmallRig grip. I have no problems extracting the SD card. I hold the camera upside down with the lens pointing towards me. Once the door is open thereā€™s plenty of room to depress the card with the forefinger of my left hand. Then, pinching with the tips of my forefinger and thumb, extracting the card is easy. Getting the microSD card extracted is another story. šŸ˜•

I have a Zf with the SmallRig grip. I have no problems extracting the SD card. I hold the camera upside down with the lens pointing towards me. Once the door is open thereā€™s plenty of room to depress the card with the forefinger of my left hand. Then, pinching with the tips of my forefinger and thumb, extracting the card is easy. Getting the microSD card extracted is another story. šŸ˜•
You gave me an idea to improve on the tweezers JA. A popsicle stick! Just put it behind the card and pinch it against the stick. Pulls right out!
IMG_0340.jpeg

IMG_0339.jpeg

IMG_0338.jpeg

Back