NiSi Polarizer Filters - Any Good?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

PAUL50

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I’ve just purchased the Z14-24 f/2.8 lens, which takes 112mm screw on circular filters. My local B&M store only stocks NiSi filters in that size. I’m looking to purchase a polarizer from them but have never heard of the brand and I’m not aware of any reviews. Has anyone used NiSi filters? If so, your thoughts on quality and how it stacks up against better known filters will be appreciated. Thanks

I have the 112mm circular polarizer from NiSi. I also have a square 100mm polarizer and a whole set of ND NiSi 100mm sqaure filters as well and they all perform excellently. I purchased the 112mm circular polarizer as a bundle with the 112mm NiSi metal lens hood as it was a cheaper alternative at the time. The only trouble is, I would only ever use the circular polarizer on the 14-24 for waterfalls etc to reduce reflections on leaves, I would never use it where a full sky is involved due to gradual polarization across the sky that occurs on wide angle lenses fo greater than 35mm. So, I have not used the NiSi version for waterfalls as I usually have my square filter set on me as I may want to use ND's as well. If I knew I was only going to need the 112mm polarizer and not the ND's, then I would try it out but that hasn't been the case yet. I really want a 3 stop, 6 stop and 10 stop polarizer or a variable ND/polarizer 112mm.

My round filters are all Breakthrough and they are also excellent.

I bought the Kase 112mm magnetic set
well made. You put the ring on your lens, and then the filters stick to it, so they’re dead easy to put on when needed. Quality product. I like the. So much I got the 72mm set as well.

tip: the z14-24 filter hood fits the z24-70 f2.8 and the z70-200 2.8 so one set of filters fits 3 lenses!

698860E6-C7DF-4B18-9A80-6632D6F6681A.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I have the 112mm circular polarizer from NiSi. I also have a square 100mm polarizer and a whole set of ND NiSi 100mm sqaure filters as well and they all perform excellently. I purchased the 112mm circular polarizer as a bundle with the 112mm NiSi metal lens hood as it was a cheaper alternative at the time. The only trouble is, I would only ever use the circular polarizer on the 14-24 for waterfalls etc to reduce reflections on leaves, I would never use it where a full sky is involved due to gradual polarization across the sky that occurs on wide angle lenses fo greater than 35mm. So, I have not used the NiSi version for waterfalls as I usually have my square filter set on me as I may want to use ND's as well. If I knew I was only going to need the 112mm polarizer and not the ND's, then I would try it out but that hasn't been the case yet. I really want a 3 stop, 6 stop and 10 stop polarizer or a variable ND/polarizer 112mm.

My round filters are all Breakthrough and they are also excellent.
Thanks. Very helpful information.

I bought the Kase 112mm magnetic set
well made. You put the ring on your lens, and then the filters stick to it, so they’re dead easy to put on when needed. Quality product. I like the. So much I got the 72mm set as well.

tip: the z14-24 filter hood fits the z24-70 f2.8 and the z70-200 2.8 so one set of filters fits 3 lenses!

View attachment 33361
Thanks for the information. Hadn’t considered Kase, but will now.

Back