Nontraditional composition

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DSC_1952-AEM.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

The thing that catches my attention is the one red eye growing out of the back of the bird on the left.

Have you tried that with a pano crop as in 16:9 or maybe even a wider and shorter aspect ratio(e.g. 13:5 or just free form the crop)?

Having all the birds down low is interesting, but to me all the negative space up top doesn't really add anything and cropping it out would still give you an unusual but perhaps more dramatic image. Just a thought...

Good job keeping all their eyes sharp, not always easy with multiple subjects in the frame when shooting wide open.

Have you tried that with a pano crop as in 16:9 or maybe even a wider and shorter aspect ratio?

Having all the birds down low is interesting, but to me all the negative space up top doesn't really add anything and cropping it out would still give you an unusual but perhaps more dramatic image. Just a thought...

Good job keeping all their eyes sharp, not always easy with multiple subjects in the frame when shooting wide open.
Agree 🥂

Have you tried that with a pano crop as in 16:9 or maybe even a wider and shorter aspect ratio(e.g. 13:5 or just free form the crop)?

Agree, that swath of empty sky is distracting; adds nothing, for me.

Good on you for trying something different. I’m afraid I agree with the others that the open sky in the top hurts this particular picture, but it’s good to see thinking outside of the box.

Back