If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Jmaes

Supporting Member
Marketplace
This past June, I spent a couple of days near a northern gannet colony. I've posted some of the better (in my eyes) images before, but I also had quite a few sitting on my computer with a "these might be alright to process these when you get around to it" tag. Well, I got around to it.

Z9, 500pf

Thanks for looking.

1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Those are really nice! Interesting close up of the eye!
Thanks Karen.

After getting the "standard" shots (portraits, flight shots,...), I experimented a bit with getting smaller details (eyes, wings, feet,...). Some worked out nicely (like this one), others not so much.

They are such beautiful birds, but that 2nd shot....I always love that style/lighting. I just keep going back to it. All of them are beautiful, but that second one, I just love it.

Wow! Just stunning!
Thank you!
They are such beautiful birds, but that 2nd shot....I always love that style/lighting. I just keep going back to it. All of them are beautiful, but that second one, I just love it.
Thank you. There was an interesting lighting situation one morning at sunrise (when that shot was taken). Basically, the top of one rock/cliff was being lit by the rising sun while everything else was still in shadow/dark. So an open invite to compose a shot like that (which I rather like as well).
Beautiful set.
Much appreciated.
Stunning set of images πŸ‘πŸ–€
Thank you!