nVidia RTX Video Enhancement...FYI...

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MotoPixel

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Relevant for Resolve 19 Beta and Windows 11 users -
I recently ran across this topic on the Resolve 19 Beta forum...it's a fairly new feature that relates to all nVidia 30 and 40 series RTX GPU's and I have to say that for viewing lower resolution video streaming sources on a 4K monitor via a Chrome-based browser, the improvement is incredible. This is especially true when upscaling 1080 sources to 4K, though performance with lower resolution sources is also surprisingly good. In addition to upscaling, when feeding an HDR capable display (LG C3 OLED in my case) the HDR conversion is equally impressive.

As for Resolve 19 Beta, the Studio version will utilize this technology for the Super Scale option to bring lower resolution sources up to timeline resolution and my initial tests look pretty good, not that I do that very often, but might be very useful for those shooting 1080HD at 240fps and using in a 4K timeline.

It is my understanding that VLC Media Player will support this soon so as to allow viewing local video files.

Information here...https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/rtx-video-super-resolution/

Cheers!

Back