OM-1 mk 1 (1.7) and mk 2 (1.2) firmware updates available

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Tom Reynolds

Supporting Member
Marketplace
For the OM-1 mk 1 the update is the, long awaited, AF update that brings the mk. 1 closer to the mk. 2.
Both updates increase the image stability of the High-Res mode.

As my mk. 1 is simply a backup I probably will not be able to comment on the enhanced AF.

However, High-Res is, to me, an important feature of the OM-1. For stationary subjects the hand-held version produces a 50mp file that sort of makes up for the smaller sensor compared to a Nikon Z-8. Of course, my shaky hand-holding ability means that many High-Res images can't be created by the camera and the time to create the high-res shot, or fail, means that I can't take another shot right away. However, the mode is accessible with a button, so I simply switch away from my normal shooting mode which is skewed towards BIF (1/3200 ProCap Sh2 9 frames in pre-buffer, no limit) to attempt the shot.

I always update using OM Workspace which seems to work without problems. Reports say this is not so with the phone app.

I had no problems with the phone app. Yet to try the Hi Res but a good reminder. Thanks. As for improved AF, I need a couple more outings.
OM Workspace also had an update. I use it in my workflow with jpeg images using Focus Analyser on short burst shots. Not sure if the update made a difference really as it was pretty good anyway. Love it.

I had not problems with the app on the iPad, however it's unconscionable in this day and age that the inability to update using a Mac without bricking the camera exists.

Cheers,

George

Back