One last trip through Yellowstone's East Entrance for the season

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The park's east gate and the southern loop roads close October 31st so I went and stayed at the Canyon Village hotel for three days since I'd never stayed there before.

174990748.jpg

174990755.jpg

174990779.jpg

174990849.jpg

174990862.jpg

174990902.jpg

174990912.jpg

174990890.jpg

174990929.jpg

174990927.jpg

A very nice set! Especially like the Pine Marten. Only seen 3 or 4 of them and have not been able to get a quality image. Congrats on that. How was the hotel? I've stayed in the old cabins down toward the canyon, but only had a cocktail in the hotel since theyt renovated it.

A very nice set! Especially like the Pine Marten. Only seen 3 or 4 of them and have not been able to get a quality image. Congrats on that. How was the hotel? I've stayed in the old cabins down toward the canyon, but only had a cocktail in the hotel since theyt renovated it.

I was in the Rhyolite lodge, across the street from the Washburn and it was very nice. The price was good, the WiFi was good enough that I was able to do a Zoom conference one afternoon, and the bed was comfortable.

A very nice set! Especially like the Pine Marten. Only seen 3 or 4 of them and have not been able to get a quality image.

I've had pretty good luck with pine martens. Seen them many times, been able to photograph them four times in Yellowstone. Of course, that's over 18 years and somewhere around 40 visits (not counting day trips since I moved here).

Back