If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

2 otters.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Never actually tried this before. I managed to reverse the original photo then add it to the original.. So now the same otter is facing itself.

The problem I had in Adobe Elements 2020 was to find the right photomerge program as there are several to choose from.
So first of all I had to crop to the nose and also resize . Then reverse the original so it faced the other way. Doing those two things were relatively easy. In one of the photomerge programs it showed one had to line up 3 dots the program showed on the original and then place them in the same place on the reverse photo. This then allowed the lineup to be correct. each dot was numbered so the same dot number on the other.
I did try to cut the profile and move over but that didn’t work.
Ok now the photo showed the face to face but the surround on the reverse didn’t look right so had to blend in to the original. Didn’t get it dead right but what the heck my first attempt.

this Adobe Elements 2020 editing suit allows so much more I have not even looked at yet

Your opinions on my little first effort if you would please.

Your opinions on my little first effort if you would please.
Two thoughts:

- There's quite a bit of editing artifact under the chin whiskers and behind the head of the right hand otter.

- Not a fan of this kind of work in the wildlife photography realm as it implies an actual scene that never existed in reality. Same reason I won't swap out backgrounds or introduce additional subjects into a wildlife photo. Sure as photo-art the sky's the limit and in fairness you were quite clear about this composite but creating scenes that didn't really exist can cheapen those moments when a photographer really did capture a unique interaction between multiple subjects. I'm sure others will feel differently and be fine with this kind of work but since you asked for opinions...

Last edited:
Two thoughts:

- There's quite a bit of editing artifact under the chin whiskers and behind the head of the right hand otter.

- Not a fan of this kind of work in the wildlife photography realm as it implies an actual scene that never existed in reality. Same reason I won't swap out backgrounds or introduce additional subjects into a wildlife photo. Sure as photo-art the sky's the limit and in fairness you were quite clear about this composite but creating scenes that didn't really exist can cheapen those moments when a photographer really did capture a unique interaction between multiple subjects. I'm sure others will feel differently and be fine with this kind of work but since you asked for opinions...
You are correct of course. This was more of an exercise for me to see if I could actually do it with that editing suite. More of a bit of fun trying than actually making perfect picture