If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

bcg1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Hi folks 1st time poster, I've followed Steve on YouTube for a couple of years and I've learned so much from the guy I always look forward to his new videos. I've just spent a week on the beautiful Orkney Islands and took the attached as the sun set at the Ring of Brodgar (the Orkney Stonehenge). I had half an eye on the swans and basically got lucky as they took off towards where the colour was! It was taken with my d500/200-500 combination đź‘Ť

Welcome. Off to a great start. I've been a Steve Perry fan for sometime too & recently started participating in the forums. Only wish I'd started earlier. Encourage you to submit to the Critique Forum as well. There are wonderful resources here willing to help you to the next level !
Malcolm

Welcome. Off to a great start. I've been a Steve Perry fan for sometime too & recently started participating in the forums. Only wish I'd started earlier. Encourage you to submit to the Critique Forum as well. There are wonderful resources here willing to help you to the next level !
Malcolm
Many thanks I'll look into that đź‘Ť

Great shot. We were there last week and were the last people this year to see the archaeological dig at the Ness of Brodgar just down the road before they completely covered it until next season. Unfortunately it was raining so no pictures but I did get shots of ringed plovers and great black backed gulls early on another morning. Would definitely recommend Orkney as a photo destination and we shall be going back.

Thanks Colin, I'm a tour guide so know the area well, I can't recommend Orkney highly enough whether you're a landscape photographer or if your passion is more towards wildlife. The light is ever changing and if you are into history the prehistoric remains as you mention are just fascinating.

bcg5.jpg

bcg4.jpg