Osprey chicks-Week 5. June 28, 2024.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ralph

Supporting Member
Marketplace
These photos were taken on June 28. All of the photos are from the same nest. Usually I’ll spend some time at 3 or 4 different nest. But I wanted to spend more time at this particular one. Not as much action as I hoped . Waited for over 2 hours for the male to bring back a fish. When he arrived 2 hours later, he flew to his usual place and proceeded to eat the entire fish. The mate was really pissed off. So was I. So , in total I waited for over 3 hours. Someone needs to send this guys to parenting school. I grabbed a shot as he flew by with the fish. It was very large. It‘s the 8th photo in this thread.
DSC_7050-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
DSC_7075.jpeg
DSC_7088-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpeg
DSC_7200-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpeg
DSC_7218-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpeg
DSC_7328.jpeg
DSC_7795-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpeg
DSC_7617.jpeg

Some great family portraits there! And that fish is huge!
Thanks. Yup. And he didn’t share. I was there yesterday morning and I thought he was going to do the same thing. He caught a huge fluke and sat there eating it for at least 45 minutes. But finally he came to the nest with the remains. Haven’t had a chance to go through those images yet.. There was a hugh change in their size since last week. Some are ready to fly. They were testing out their wings.
Also, another pair whom got started at least a month later than the rest finally had their eggs hatch. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there are 3 hatchlings. They look about 2 weeks old. I missed them last week because I only stayed for a moment to see if there was any activity. The female appeared to still be incubating the eggs but obviously I didn’t stay long enough to observe their activity.

Back