If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

johnehrenfeldphotography@gmail

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Z9 and 800PF. A Terrific Combination For Wildlife. Osprey landing at nest with Trout and a second landing shot. I am so happy with the auto focus and detail. * Notice the bees in the lower left hand of the frame.of the second shot.

Some thoughts. I revered my 600 f4 due to image quality and still do; but I have not used it much since I got the 800PF. Aside from it being easy to hand hold, I could not be more pleased with the image quality. Especially in combination with the Z9 which I feel like I finally know inside and out after a number of months and Steve's manuals. The 6.3 maximum aperture diameter has not bothered me at all because the Z9 handles a higher ISO flawlessly within limits of course .

The 4.00 firmware update is a game changer in my opinion given the 'Auto Capture' function that allows the Z9 to record automatically if motion, distance, or subject detection are specified. That allows me to focus it on a nest or perched bird that hasn't moved and to walk away with my hand held zoom, the Z 100-400 I just received. This way I get two angles and flight shots. Best use in my opinion is to shoot video with one camera and stills with the other.

20230630Home Osprey 6-30-23_JLE9414-R.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
-RR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited: