If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I would say that 90% of the time when I'm photographing one of my favorite targets, they do a fly-by to check me out. I love how curious these raptors are.
500_8432-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I photograph Ospreys often from April - September and agree they are very curious. The fun time is watching and photographing the O's when a Eagle or a Hawk flies anywhere near their Perch or Nest. They intercept those big Eagles without any fear and many times they drive the Eagle out of their area. O's are my favorite Raptor to Photograph.

I photograph Ospreys often from April - September and agree they are very curious. The fun time is watching and photographing the O's when a Eagle or a Hawk flies anywhere near their Perch or Nest. They intercept those big Eagles without any fear and many times they drive the Eagle out of their area. O's are my favorite Raptor to Photograph.

Ain't it great fun? I have several dive shots, but have yet to get the one I want the most...outstretched talons a foot above the water before impact.

Ain't it great fun? I have several dive shots, but have yet to get the one I want the most...outstretched talons a foot above the water before impact.
Sure is fun, love when they give me the stink-eye. The fledglings are loads of fun especially on their first flight. I watch the same nests every year and the youngsters get used to seeing me, heck they see me as soon as they are old enough to peak out of the nest and regularly till they take their first flight. Once out of the nest it's almost a sure thing they come my way for a closer look.
Is this the dive shot you're looking for?
170680864.jpg

Pair that D500 with the 500PF and you’ll be amazed at the AF response and IQ with that combo for BIF. Agreed all bodies are not alike but I still have some love for the D500.
Yes, the 500PF is on my wish list. I like the body just fine, as long as there is good light. The problem isn't the lens, as I have used it on other bodies with no problem. It is a bit slow to focus, but I've never had the issue of maintaining focus while tracking. After doing a lot of research I see that has been a problem for many with the D500. The solution that seems to work the best? Use single point. Go figure. That makes no sense, but it works so I don't care.