Osprey vs Eagle and Following.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rick S

Supporting Member
Marketplace
After commenting earlier on an Eagle series, I made a short trip out for my own Eagles. As soon as I got set up, I heard Eagles screeching. I saw this male sitting in the tree screaming. I then caught a quick glimpse of two overheard. They quickly disappeared behind the trees and I thought it was the an Eagle and one of the resident Falcon pair. They came back over the roadway for a couple of seconds before disappearing again, but I snagged a few shots, Not a Falcon, but an Osprey. After the Osprey broke it off, she joined her mate in the tree. Now, how do I know which Eagle is which. When zoomed in a bit processing, the chipped/cracked bottom beak of the female was clearly visible. :) D850/500Pf, hand held.
2024-07-01 Conowingo Dam_001-Enhanced-NR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
2024-07-01 Conowingo Dam_003-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-07-01 Conowingo Dam_004-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-07-01 Conowingo Dam_005-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-07-01 Conowingo Dam_007-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-07-01 Conowingo Dam_009-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-07-01 Conowingo Dam_012-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-07-01 Conowingo Dam_015-Enhanced-NR.jpg

After commenting earlier on an Eagle series, I made a short trip out for my own Eagles. As soon as I got set up, I heard Eagles screeching. I saw this male sitting in the tree screaming. I then caught a quick glimpse of two overheard. They quickly disappeared behind the trees and I thought it was the an Eagle and one of the resident Falcon pair. They came back over the roadway for a couple of seconds before disappearing again, but I snagged a few shots, Not a Falcon, but an Osprey. After the Osprey broke it off, she joined her mate in the tree. Now, how do I know which Eagle is which. When zoomed in a bit processing, the chipped/cracked bottom beak of the female was clearly visible. :) D850/500Pf, hand held.
View attachment 92436View attachment 92437View attachment 92438View attachment 92439View attachment 92440View attachment 92441View attachment 92442View attachment 92443
Awesome sequence Rick! Well done.👍👍👍

Back