If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I am interested in learning. Because of a movement disorder I always use a tripod with Wimberly Gimbal Head and I am trying to learn to hold a monopod still.
Shown below are a few BIF.
DSC_4569.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
DSC_4729.jpg
_DSC9239.jpg
DSC_4745.jpg
_DSC0682.jpg
and, as always, I welcome any constructive criticism. Thank you!

@Jeffrey Davidson , there are excellent shots of Osprey! I love love also a shot of pelicans. But the first shot of Heron looks for me a bit blury? (motion blur) Which shutterspeed did you use for the Heron? Or maybe the camera didn't have enough time to lock the focus?

Nice set, Jeffrey. Technically you look to be doing pretty well. Compositionally as a general rule positioning the subject such that it is moving/looking into the frame is typically preferable. In that regard the second and last images are nicely framed. IMO the first image would be improved by removing some space from the right side and the pelicans could lose some dead space from the left side. Your processing can use a bit of work. WB looks to be all over the place. If you're using white feathers as a WB reference they are never true white. In the second image there are a lot of artifacts with blurry and sharp patches on the water that make the image look unnatural. Looks like maybe you used Topaz Sharpen AI? If so maybe try masking to sharpen only the bird.

Nice set, Jeffrey. Technically you look to be doing pretty well. Compositionally as a general rule positioning the subject such that it is moving/looking into the frame is typically preferable. In that regard the second and last images are nicely framed. IMO the first image would be improved by removing some space from the right side and the pelicans could lose some dead space from the left side. Your processing can use a bit of work. WB looks to be all over the place. If you're using white feathers as a WB reference they are never true white. In the second image there are a lot of artifacts with blurry and sharp patches on the water that make the image look unnatural. Looks like maybe you used Topaz Sharpen AI? If so maybe try masking to sharpen only the bird.
Thank you Northern Focus