Overheating Z9?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have a stupid question: shouldn't PEAKing be activated only by MF? As I understand with the programmed lens-ring also by AF?
I don't use lens-rings to avoid possible bumping ;-)

@PAUL50 , my Z9 had overheated once but it brings the message like: "the camera is hot and cannot proceed" or something like that. After a minute or two of a break it was working again. So, it actually required very little time to recover.

Our gear became very complex. And it has certainly more cases for "uncaught exceptions" :)

Given all the recent things going on,

Makes me Love the D6 and D850 even more for piece of mind, sometimes less is more.

Only an opinion.

Reactions: Roy
I would be getting Nikon to check it out.
My Sony A7 had a similar problem and died just outside of warranty - Sony couldn't fix it and its now a paperweight...🦘
With your A7 just out of warranty, it could be a clear case for "goods not fit for the purpose" especially that they cant fix it is even more liable in consumer law parameters..

Only an opinion

With your A7 just out of warranty, it could be a clear case for "goods not fit for the purpose" especially that they cant fix it is even more liable in consumer law parameters..

Only an opinion
Since Sony doesn't repair cameras themselves they dont carry the parts and cant do many repairs...🦘

Since Sony doesn't repair cameras themselves they dont carry the parts and cant do many repairs...🦘
WOW
Hence i stick with Nikon at least they stand by you.
But from what i am seeing industry even cars is changing more to disposable limited shelf life goods.
Consumer laws haven't caught up and can still hold companies to account even out of warranty.

Oh well expensive paper weight.

WOW
Hence i stick with Nikon at least they stand by you.
But from what i am seeing industry even cars is changing more to disposable limited shelf life goods.
Consumer laws haven't caught up and can still hold companies to account even out of warranty.

Oh well expensive paper weight.
Many years ago I bought a Nikon FM when it first came out - it still works fine and I wished modern cameras were made as well.
I like Sony Cameras but I dont think i'll be buying another one...🦘

Many years ago I bought a Nikon FM when it first came out - it still works fine and I wished modern cameras were made as well.
I like Sony Cameras but I dont think i'll be buying another one...🦘
Its not till something seriously goes wrong that we rely on service and back up, especially if its expensive. In the past Nikon stood up during a challenging time in the industry with parts and service, they definitely set the standard, i hope that doesn't change.

The industry has gone with more much more electronics, software, along with that comes much more vulnerability, that's the nature of a lot of things now.
I have always said, for myself, i have no issues with Sony gear, i just have never liked the the company, be it cameras, phones, laptops in the past, i don't see the products as something to invest in.

Only and opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy
It sounds like focus peaking is the "snow storm" and you accidentally toggled the the portrait control lock
Agree, it’s definitely the focus peaking. I don’t think, though, the “control lock” was toggled. Just checked both cameras this morning. I’ll be calling Nikon this week and probably send it in to them. Thanks

Back