If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Wes Peterson

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A few from over the weekend in northern Pa.
Bull Relaxed.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Bulls Fighting.jpg
Bull Bugle.jpg

Wow looks great! I'm really tempted to take a drive up there, I have never photographed big game. I'm sort of a little nervous? But if I understand correctly, there are lots of feed plots and public viewing areas to scout out, and keeping a minimum distance of 100 yards is the primary recommendation for safety. Great images. (y)

Wow looks great! I'm really tempted to take a drive up there, I have never photographed big game. I'm sort of a little nervous? But if I understand correctly, there are lots of feed plots and public viewing areas to scout out, and keeping a minimum distance of 100 yards is the primary recommendation for safety. Great images. (y)
There are food and viewing areas around Benezette, but other places are a bit more "wild" and uncontrolled. I'd say 50 yards is a safe distance. Many of the elk are very used to humans.