Painted Bunting

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Painted buntings are one of my favorite birds. While I got some shots atop the tree, ideally I wanted him with some green around him too. Hope to go back again next year. This was taken near Corpus Christi. Appreciate any feedback; hard to get larger than this as it's mostly green around him so it wouldn't add much to the image, overall I do like the perch and the look of the bird. Thanks for any feedback.

z painted bunting 1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Love the colors! I've never seen one of those in real life so this would definitely be a keeper for me. I wouldn't mind a bit more room to the left, but I think you are saying that it's a bit crowded with leaves outside of this crop. Real nitpick - maybe tone down some of the harsh reflection in the blue head feathers. I struggle with this myself on sunny days - so I'm not really one to talk.

Overall I really like this one.

That is really a pretty bird. You did well capturing the colors and detail. By way of critique IMO there's way too much space below the bird and not enough above and to the left. Also you might consider cloning out the sharp branch in upper right of frame. It draws my eye.

Painted buntings are one of my favorite birds. While I got some shots atop the tree, ideally I wanted him with some green around him too. Hope to go back again next year. This was taken near Corpus Christi. Appreciate any feedback; hard to get larger than this as it's mostly green around him so it wouldn't add much to the image, overall I do like the perch and the look of the bird. Thanks for any feedback.

View attachment 60977
Beautiful Paul

Back