If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Just got back from Botswana taking advantage of a week at Pangolins Photo safaris 'green season' offer. Luckily the weather was unusually dry and hot (apart from one afternoon when we reverted to the bar and invented a new cocktail, but that another story!.) Having struggled to get a decent bee eater shot on previous outings, using pre capture I got these. on this trip. Hope you enjoy Z9, 180-600 formal three images

20240124-NZ9_0331-2-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

1/5000 f6.0 ISO640 420mm
20240124-NZ9_9766-3.jpg

1/5000 F6.3 ISO640 420mm

20240124-NZ9_1195-2-2.jpg
1/5000 f6.3 ISO800 360mm

Lovely set of images John,
Thanks for sharing.
Pangolin are great to travel with - have been on two trips with them.
Looks like you are enjoying your 180- 600 lens.
Gavin
Hi Gavin, thanks for the kind words. The lens is living up to expectations and proving to be a beast for the cost. Lucky you having been twice, this was my first trip and it certainly lived up to expectations. Looking to go again next year as they have just published the ‘long stay’ offer for Dec 24 to Feb 25 (40,000 rand and no single supplement - approx $2100 - for 6 nights ) just hope I am lucky weather wise next time as it’s the wet season.

Some lovely shots there, glad you enjoyed Botswana, such a beautiful place for wildlife photography, I,m back there myself in 5 weeks ,starting in Moremi and camping all the way up to Chobe ,hoping to get some good shots ,fingers crossed

Wonderful shots John, congrats for each and everyone of those! Were these taken from the boat by the beach or in the Park?

Please tell us about the pre-capture, did it live up to your expectations? Was it easy enough to go back and forth from PC to "normal" usage?

About the Chobe in the wet season: been there in Dec 22/Jan 23 (a week spending new year there), I had only one afternoon (during a road safari) with really heavy rain but it lasted only about 30 minutes, otherwise, I don't recall rainy days, only at nights and occasionally.

Heading back to Pangolin next 3/15 with my daughter, hoping for somewhat dry weather... xing fingers!

Krgds, Marcelo