Panoramas

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Howard5252

Unknown, but working on it
Supporting Member
Marketplace
I want to make a vertical panorama - Like a panorama of a flagpole. Does anyone know of a program (besides Photoshop) that will stitch together photos vertically?

Perhaps if you pan vertically? Like a sideways landscape….it wouldn’t make anybdifference to the software if your flagpole is in its side

Perhaps if you pan vertically? Like a sideways landscape….it wouldn’t make anybdifference to the software if your flagpole is in its side
What I am looking for is a program that will stitch vertically. The programs I've seen all stitch photos side by side, I'm looking for one that stitches by stacking the photos of the flagpole one on top of the other so I wind up with a pano of a flagpole.

On Windows try Microsoft ICE 1.4.4 I find it better than the later version 2 as it will read Nikon RAW files.
Both downloads not from Microsoft as is not supported by Microsoft any more but I have yet to find a simple panorama stitcher that compares.
Some idea of what you can do, watch out for movement, can be seen on far left and far right, tripod recommended and still water for boats.
Vertical_stitch_BCG.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

On Windows try Microsoft ICE 1.4.4 I find it better than the later version 2 as it will read Nikon RAW files.
Both downloads not from Microsoft as is not supported by Microsoft any more but I have yet to find a simple panorama stitcher that compares.
Some idea of what you can do, watch out for movement, can be seen on far left and far right, tripod recommended and still water for boats.
View attachment 46471
Yes, Thus is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, it's an old program. I have Windows 11 64bit and the installer for the program is 32 and I am having trouble downloading it. Perhaps there is a way but I would rather find a program that fits without having to push/pull/squeeze to get it to work. You got it right, it's what I'm looking for and hopefully there is a more modern program available. Thanks.

I am running Windows 10 64bit with no problem, ICE is installed as a 64bit application.
I do not worry about the age of any application only that it does what I need with no issues.
You might try the 64bit version here.

I'm just wondering, most programs will rotate images 90 degrees. Wouldn't you just rotate all 90 and run the reguar pano stitcher. Then rotate the result back 90 again?

I want to make a vertical panorama - Like a panorama of a flagpole. Does anyone know of a program (besides Photoshop) that will stitch together photos vertically?
I have a friend that uses PTGUI for his elaborate panos and really likes it. I don't often do panoramas, so I use the the free Microsoft Image Composite Editor.

What I am looking for is a program that will stitch vertically. The programs I've seen all stitch photos side by side, I'm looking for one that stitches by stacking the photos of the flagpole one on top of the other so I wind up with a pano of a flagpole.
yes I get that you want to stitch vertically, but stitching horizontally is technically the same if you have your camera sideways on and pan up or down a mast (for example) -- think of it as a mast on its side and pan normally.

To my knowledge every application what will stitch horizontally will also stitch vertically. The application can usually figure out which what they stitch together and will just do it. LR does this with no issues at all.

yes I get that you want to stitch vertically, but stitching horizontally is technically the same if you have your camera sideways on and pan up or down a mast (for example) -- think of it as a mast on its side and pan normally.
You're missing the fact that no matter which way the camera is held the flagpole will be vertical so unless the images are stacked ...

Back