If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi everyone,

I have a day hike planned for tomorrow, which inspired me to post something today. I love hiking, specially in the mountains.

Here I present some images taken in November 2017 in Parque Nacional Los Glaciares, El Chaltén, Argentina. After a whole day up and down rocky terrain, I managed to take some of my favorite images ever. Laguna Sucia ("dirty lake") is located at the farthest point, 11 km from town. The last stretch, perhaps 1 km long, was very difficult, as it was steep and the ground was covered with loose rocks.

For the first image, I went on my knees, with the camera really low on the ground, in order to make the narrow stream look bigger. Cerro Torre and Mount Fitz Roy make the perfect background.
The second image was taken at the highest spot that can be reached without climbing. Man, I was tired. The lake is called Laguna Sucia.
Third image shows the exhausted photographer realizing that the summit is half the journey.

Images 1 and 2: Sony RX10. Circular polarizing filter Hoya HD. Handheld.
Image 3: whatever smartphone. Credit: my lovely wife.

Thanks for viewing!

1.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

2.JPG

3.jpg