If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MalcolmP

Supporting Member
Marketplace
DSC_9637_Pawnee Buttes LPS Crop-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I've been out here a few times and for the life of me can't figure out where that wind powered water well and stock tank are in relation to the Buttes. This view appears to be looking north. Is that road in the foreground a Weld County Road or is it more a secondary ranch road? I would love find a spot a little closer to that stock tank in order to make it more prominent. Totally understand if you'd rather not share this info in public.

A very pleasing image, it invites one it to go looking for LBJ's and other critters.

Great capture Malcolm!
Thank you Callie & Bill. Prominent location in Native American history. Prior to their decimation by the white man, the predominant critters were bison. A tragic story for both the Indians and their food supply, the Bison.

I've been out here a few times and for the life of me can't figure out where that wind powered water well and stock tank are in relation to the Buttes. This view appears to be looking north. Is that road in the foreground a Weld County Road or is it more a secondary ranch road? I would love find a spot a little closer to that stock tank in order to make it more prominent. Totally understand if you'd rather not share this info in public.
Hello Doug, Another panorama with a more prominent stock tank and a map I hope you find useful. The vantage points are on a north facing slope perfectly placed to achieve what you're describing. Don't forget a sturdy tripod & bean bag. The wind can blow.
240425 Pawnee Buttes Windmill Close DSC_9800.jpg
240425 Pawnee Buttes Google Map.jpg