Peak Design new Anchors accessory

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

PhD69

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I've just received new Peak Design anchors (Anchor 4 pack Black) and... good news they now deliver the anchors with very small rings that can replace the ones delivered with the camera bodies.

Given the size of these rings (oblong shape), they greatly reduce the clearance and friction of the fasteners.
See the photographs below.

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 13.48.15.png

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 13.47.54.png

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 13.41.56.png

I've just received new Peak Design anchors (Anchor 4 pack Black) and... good news they now deliver the anchors with very small rings that can replace the ones delivered with the camera bodies.

Given the size of these rings (oblong shape), they greatly reduce the clearance and friction of the fasteners.
See the photographs below.

View attachment 78271

View attachment 78272

View attachment 78273
PhD, I am having a hard time locating the new anchors. Did you purchase them from the peak design site? Thanks!

All black. I wonder if that is cost cutting or popular request?
Black anchors are not new. I bought my first ones more than 2,5 years ago.
Not sure if the production price is less expensive for the "all black" version as the red color was only on the ring around the anchor.
On the other hand, camera bodies are mainly black and monochrome anchors are more discreet.

Answer from Peak Design : "The inclusion of split rings is currently limited to the Black Anchors as they were recently introduced. I've been informed that our team is considering including split rings even with the regular red anchors, but this change will be implemented in the new production batch. Availability may vary depending on the stock at the store.".

Back