If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I was standing in the middle of a marsh on a boardwalk this morning when this Falcon came cruising by. It's the first one I've even seen, much less been able to capture. It was cruising. I managed via Spray and Pray to get an oncoming shot, but when it came to panning there was no way.

Taken with my outdated technology junk Nikon D4 and Nikon 200-500mm.
D42_5031-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I was standing in the middle of a marsh on a boardwalk this morning when this Falcon came cruising by. It's the first one I've even seen, much less been able to capture. It was cruising. I managed via Spray and Pray to get an oncoming shot, but when it came to panning there was no way.

Taken with my outdated technology junk Nikon D4 and Nikon 200-500mm.View attachment 7603
Interesting colors. Our resident peregrines downtown are more gunmetal grey in color than brown. They live on the top of a skyscraper uptown from my office, but tend to hang out on our building during the day as we have good, high places to perch.

--Ken

Taken with my outdated technology junk Nikon D4 and Nikon 200-500mm.View attachment 7603
Beautiful!

Haha Thanks. No, I love the D4 but someone did call it "outdated technology junk" once so I had to rub it in. :)
That’s why I scratch my head with all this talk about the Z cameras. Sometimes we get too wrapped up about the next great piece of technology (Got to have it!) and forget about what’s right in front of our noses.

Fantastic capture Larry...superb...👌👌👌

Thanks Yezdi.

That’s amazing. And no raggedy feathers. I hate it when you get a shot and the model is scruffy.

I actually like the scruffy shots, but thanks. :)

That’s why I scratch my head with all this talk about the Z cameras. Sometimes we get too wrapped up about the next great piece of technology (Got to have it!) and forget about what’s right in front of our noses.

I hear ya Ralph. If it's new it must be better, right? haha

Great capture! These raptors are so seldom where I live, wish we had more so I could try too.
Best,

Mike

Thank you.