Permanently delete images off XQD card

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I'm going to sell my D850... love the Z8 and will never go back :)

I will include the XQD card I have. How can I be sure the files on the card are permanently deleted and could not be retrieved via some software?

I'm going to sell my D850... love the Z8 and will never go back :)

I will include the XQD card I have. How can I be sure the files on the card are permanently deleted and could not be retrieved via some software?
Unless you have high value images or ones you would NEVER want anyone to see, I would just reformat the card in camera and not worry about it.

The only certain way I’m aware of is mounting to a computer and running a disk utility that will write random bytes 3-7 times over the entire empty space. That will reduce the lifespan of the card quite a bit but it would guarantee no one can recover anything. That said, it’s very unlikely people will make an effort. You can always just fill the card with hundreds/thousands of pics of a magazine cover or something and then quick erase that. That would be another approach that would likely work well enough.

Back