Pheasant caught me off guard

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

You sure made the one shot count! It’s a great photo in my opinion because when I am out pursuing pheasant in the field and getting photos of dogs on point it is very much a challenge to get the bird as it explodes out of the brush.

I was out photographing Swans and Eagles when this Pheasant jumped up out the brush and caught me off guard, I was lucky enough to grab at least one photo. Nikon D810, 300mm f2.8 with 1.4TC
View attachment 74534
Love this short! A very majestic bird and very intelligent. They surprise you by exploding into flight, weighting until you get close. Even experienced hunters with dogs get surprised and don't get dinner. Getting a camera up, aligned, focused and quick on the click doesn't often capture images like this. In my opinion, an award winner. Congratulations.

Stunning!!!
You sure made the one shot count! It’s a great photo in my opinion because when I am out pursuing pheasant in the field and getting photos of dogs on point it is very much a challenge to get the bird as it explodes out of the brush.
Oh wow that is so good 👏👏👏👏
If in doubt, just hold down the shutter! Nice grab shot. With a bird that colorful, even the back side looks good.
Love this short! A very majestic bird and very intelligent. They surprise you by exploding into flight, weighting until you get close. Even experienced hunters with dogs get surprised and don't get dinner. Getting a camera up, aligned, focused and quick on the click doesn't often capture images like this. In my opinion, an award winner. Congratulations.
Thank you everyone

@thedesertratz
I can't think of a better way for that bird to have turned to offer you more color and interest!
Corollary: I can't think of a better instant for you to have recovered and snapped to capture more color and interest!
Stunning result❗

I was out photographing Swans and Eagles when this Pheasant jumped up out the brush and caught me off guard, I was lucky enough to grab at least one photo. Nikon D810, 300mm f2.8 with 1.4TC
View attachment 74534
Wonderful, great moment you captured, the immediate WOW for me is how nature is such a talented creative artist, what an amazing pattern, the colours and design she has created WOW.

Its also nice to see that you can make nice memories yet it doesn't have to be the latest and greatest trending gear.

I love my 300 2.8 VR II on any camera.

Well done mate a really lovely shot.

Only an opinion

@thedesertratz
I can't think of a better way for that bird to have turned to offer you more color and interest!
Corollary: I can't think of a better instant for you to have recovered and snapped to capture more color and interest!
Stunning result❗
Wonderful, great moment you captured, the immediate WOW for me is how nature is such a talented creative artist, what an amazing pattern, the colours and design she has created WOW.

Its also nice to see that you can make nice memories yet it doesn't have to be the latest and greatest trending gear.

I love my 300 2.8 VR II on any camera.

Well done mate a really lovely shot.

Only an opinion
Great shot.
Thank you

Back