Photo calendar production

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi folks. My parents are visiting me here in Canada and my mum was going to buy a crappy calendar from a gift store: I stopped her and said I'll make her one from my photos. However, now I've said it, I don't really know where to get one printed and put together.

A quick Google suggest VistaPrint do them, but are they any good? Any other recommendations?

I'm not in Canada, but I used Snapfish. The quality here in Oz was excellent. Here is the calendar from 2023:

Hi folks. My parents are visiting me here in Canada and my mum was going to buy a crappy calendar from a gift store: I stopped her and said I'll make her one from my photos. However, now I've said it, I don't really know where to get one printed and put together.

A quick Google suggest VistaPrint do them, but are they any good? Any other recommendations?
If you're looking for quality results, MPix (MPix.com) is a good option. They've done calendars and cards for me, and I've been very pleased with the results. I haven't had such good luck with Shutterfly.

Nice gift!

Vista print. Bay photo.

Bayphoto does make beautiful calendars. I've using them for years. The only issue I've had is that they don't have an option to print a version with Canadian holidays. When Apple had a printing service, I was could easily select an option to print US or Canadian Holidays. If anyone knows a service that has a Canadian calendar option, I'd be very interested in exploring that for next year's calendar.

Fellow Canuck here. You can ignore all the well-meaning folks from the U.S., as the cost of shipping and the exchange rate would make it crazy to use a U.S. based printer. I have used Vistaprint and I find their quality to be very poor. I have used Canadacopy.com the last few years and although they are not perfect, I find the quality to be much better than Vistaprint. Also, they use a folded 'saddle stitch' construction, which I much prefer to the metal coil binding that Vistaprint uses. Both companies make it easy to create your calendar by having calendar templates on their website and you just have to upload your photos (save them as high quality jpg files, 11 x 8.5" and 300 dpi). Not unexpectedly, the more calendars you order, the lower the per unit cost is. If you think you can find a home for 10 calendars (it should be easy to find 10 people to gift them to) you'll find them much cheaper than ordering 1 or 2. Oh, one more tip: canadacopy.com always has a Black Friday sale of 20% off, so if you can wait until then to place your order, you'll save a couple dollars. If not, they usually have a sale of 10% very frequently. Good luck!

I am also a Canadian and in the past have used Costco for my calendars. Last year Costco no longer did any photo processing or calendars and sold the business to Shutterfly. I found that the price at Shutterfly was way to expensive but because I was a Costco member I was able to get a sale price and free shipping and it made the price much more acceptable. I usually get 25 calendars every year and use them for family gifts and my wife uses them for gifts to fellow work members. I found the quality of the calendars from Shutterfly to be very good and as good as what I got from Costco. They are really easy to set up on their website and have lots of templates to work with as well as different sizes.
I also researched calendars from the U.S. but the shipping and exchange put them way out of reach for me.

If you have a printer, why don't you run them off yourself. I buy A4 templates from Etsy and get a local company to bind them. You have total control over the process from start to finish.
Give it a try and you will never go back to outsourcing.

I am also a Canadian and in the past have used Costco for my calendars. Last year Costco no longer did any photo processing or calendars and sold the business to Shutterfly. I found that the price at Shutterfly was way to expensive but because I was a Costco member I was able to get a sale price and free shipping and it made the price much more acceptable. I usually get 25 calendars every year and use them for family gifts and my wife uses them for gifts to fellow work members. I found the quality of the calendars from Shutterfly to be very good and as good as what I got from Costco. They are really easy to set up on their website and have lots of templates to work with as well as different sizes.
I also researched calendars from the U.S. but the shipping and exchange put them way out of reach for me.
That's great information. I, too, used Costco for my calendars until they closed down their photo operations. Shutterfly seemed way too expensive, and I could not find an alternative that seemed to be a decent replacement for Costco. Looks as though re-visiting Shutterfly is on my "to-do" list. Thank you!

If you live in Quebec province, you can do it on Gosselin Photo Web. It is So easy, good quality and not exprnsive. Usually it takes few days to deliver it by mail to your adresse or you can pick it up from one of their shops. You can also call them and thry have a great customer service

If you live in Quebec province, you can do it on Gosselin Photo Web. It is So easy, good quality and not exprnsive. Usually it takes few days to deliver it by mail to your adresse or you can pick it up from one of their shops. You can also call them and thry have a great customer service
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm in BC, but they might ship there as well.

Back