Photography Recommendations

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

KCPhoto

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Happy Thursday all,
For those of you in the US (I am specifically in the midwest), what if any, groups or photography associations do you belong to and/or recommend. In another post here someone mentioned NANPA (North American Nature Photographers Association) which is specific to nature photography. I did a quick browse of their site. They claim to have about 2500 members. I am not looking so much for things like Facebook groups or forums, but specifically looking for info on organizations such as NANPA. Are any of you members of it? What benefits do people see from these types of groups? Or do most just consider them money pits with not much purpose?

Happy Thursday all,
For those of you in the US (I am specifically in the midwest), what if any, groups or photography associations do you belong to and/or recommend. In another post here someone mentioned NANPA (North American Nature Photographers Association) which is specific to nature photography. I did a quick browse of their site. They claim to have about 2500 members. I am not looking so much for things like Facebook groups or forums, but specifically looking for info on organizations such as NANPA. Are any of you members of it? What benefits do people see from these types of groups? Or do most just consider them money pits with not much purpose?
You might be referring to my post this morning on gear insurance, but FWIW I initially joined NANPA somewhere around 15 years ago (or more?) and recently re-upped my membership. Their affordable insurance, both for photo gear and when I was actively running a business their business insurance was a big reason but they also hold great annual conventions and publish an annual photo book of member's photos that is great to look at for inspiration and one that I've submitted photos to a few times.

I personally like their focus on nature and wildlife photography even though like most folks I'll shoot other subjects from time to time (shot a local charity event yesterday).

I'm sure there are many other photo groups out there but FWIW I think NANPA is worth supporting and has been worth my annual membership fee.

Back