If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

curtf

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A week ago with Fuji X-T3, Fringer adapter and Canon 400 DO2

Tallbit 2021-11-19 Skövde dn (2).jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Thank you! AF with the Fringer adapter works very well with the Canon 400 /4 DO2, also with BIF! The AF-C is almost as good as with my Fuji 200/2. Furthermore, the adapter works well with the 1,4x converter but not at all with the 2x..

Thank you! AF with the Fringer adapter works very well with the Canon 400 /4 DO2, also with BIF! The AF-C is almost as good as with my Fuji 200/2. Furthermore, the adapter works well with the 1,4x converter but not at all with the 2x..
Thanks Curtf - I'm looking for longer focal length alternatives to my XF100-400 with XT3.

Thanks Curtf - I'm looking for longer focal length alternatives to my XF100-400 with XT3.

Yes, me too missing a longer lens. I think a perfect companion to my Fuji 200/2 and Canon 400 DO2 would be a 600/5,6 with a build in 1,4x converter. But I think that one will only be in my dreams....

Yes, me too missing a longer lens. I think a perfect companion to my Fuji 200/2 and Canon 400 DO2 would be a 600/5,6 with a build in 1,4x converter. But I think that one will only be in my dreams....
There have been rumours of an xf 150-600 but no announcements that I have seen. I have read good reports of the fringer xf-nf adapter but have yet to hear any feedback on it combined with a 500pf. Have you been happy with the 200/2?

There have been rumours of an xf 150-600 but no announcements that I have seen. I have read good reports of the fringer xf-nf adapter but have yet to hear any feedback on it combined with a 500pf. Have you been happy with the 200/2?

Yes, I have seen the rumour. If it will be a high professional grade build fixed aperature (5,6?) lens I am interested.

I asked about the Fringer combined with 500PF on another forum and was told it was as good as the 500PF on a Nikon body.

The 200/2? Yes, it is a wonderful lens! With and without the dedicated 1,4x.. After I got it I seldom use the 100-400. The zoom is a bit longer but maybe not as much as you think. At shorter distances I think the zoom is about 350 mm compared to 280 mm for the 200 with 1,4x . But the 200 with 1,4x is F2,8, two F-stops brighter than the zoom!