Porcupine

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Early one morning, a few minutes after leaving Twee Rivieren Rest Camp in the Kgalagadi, we noticed movement on the escarpment on the side of the road. I poked the lens in the direction of the movement and a porcupine jumped into the viewfinder. We have only seen porcupines in the wild thee times in 35 years, and never near us.
I was quite happy to get a usable image with the ISO and it being 06:17 in the morning before sunrise.

02630W D4 3437.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Excellent Callie! We have them here in the States but I’ve never seen one. I can tell you were fighting the light by your exposure info….. At 1/320 sec and your iso ran up to 6400 you were lucky to get a usable image…. but you were also at f/8..

Excellent Callie! We have them here in the States but I’ve never seen one. I can tell you were fighting the light by your exposure info….. At 1/320 sec and your iso ran up to 6400 you were lucky to get a usable image…. but you were also at f/8..
Thanks, Larry, Yes, it was a bit miss and hit because it was too dark to see and I needed the f/8 to have depth of field because of the long distance.

Back