Pouch for EN-EL18 batteries

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have a Think Tank pocket on the way that can hold 2 EN-EL15 batteries and another that can hold 4 of those batteries.
However, I like to order another kind of travel pouch that can hold 2 larger EN-EL18 batteries. Somebody that has a suggestion please?

I have a Think Tank pocket on the way that can hold 2 EN-EL15 batteries and another that can hold 4 of those batteries.
However, I like to order another kind of travel pouch that can hold 2 larger EN-EL18 batteries. Somebody that has a suggestion please?

I do have a Think Tank Battery Holder for carrying spare EN-EL 15 batteries, but I don't use one for my spare EN-EL 18 batteries. They are big enough that I just treat them like another piece of gear, and they get packed into one of the compartments in my photo bag (along with some other miscellaneous accessories). Putting them in a separate pouch would just take up more room (and give me less options on places to pack them).

Last edited:
Thank you all, that Lenscoat pouch will do the trick. I have indeed in 95% of the cases enough with 1 battery a day but not when we have extreme low temperatures and like to have things organized exactly the way @PKW described here above to determine the difference between a charged and drained battery.
I have the same kind of system for my memory cards. The printed face visible is empty, the other way around is a full card :)

I keep battery covers on my batteries. According to the Q and A on the B h web site the pouch does not fit the Z9 batteries with the cover attached. Are they wrong?

Thanks. for the clarification. I guess I have to get one of those pairs of covers.

This is an incentive for me to get a third Z9 battery although I don't think it is possible for me to burn through a single Z9 battery in a day of shooting.

This forum is great for finding things I just have to buy.

My wife does not approve of you.

:):):):):):):):)

I’ve had my Z9 for two years now. Shooting professionally full time for the past 18mos. The only time I’ve had to worry about battery capacity was when shooting video. We chew through batteries on a video day. For stills, it’s rare for me to use a full battery. Even more rare to pop in a second battery on a stills-only shoot. Usually it means a full day.

Just in case, I also have a PD in the car to recharge an exhausted battery. A road trip in the fall was the first time I even thought about battery capacity, but mostly because I wasn’t consistently charging at night.

Obviously, YMMV. Getting into more wildlife and bigger trips, I could consider a third battery for my Z9. Probably, I’d look at better options to charge what I have though. Unless I start to hit that worrying “2nd battery close to exhaustion” state.

Depending on what, where, and how I’m shooting the spare either goes in a pocket on my person, my bag (loose), or a small pocket in my binocular chest harness.

Back