PP is getting easier/better!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have embarked on a project to cleanup my catalog, dump the junk, get it all organized to prepare photobooks and to share old family photos with the extended family. It is an eye opening experience looking at the improvements in image quality from negative scans and jpg files of 20 years ago.

What is equally interesting is the ease of updating and improving on previously processed digital files using the newest generations of Adobe products and others like DxO that I also use. The newest software allows for meaningful improvements on photos done several years ago in PS Elements, PS5 or earlier LR versions.

This should not be a surprise to me, but iti s still a joy to make improvements on my past work so easily and to "save" some older works that I kept "just in case", with specific focus on photo prints going back decades, as early as the 1890s and around that time!

Just my two cents. Such fun!

I agree. It justifies my decision not to delete raws once the jpeg was produced. New software can sometimes seem like a new camera (this to be kept secret from anyone who might try to influence the decision to buy a new camera :devilish:)

Back