Predators of the Oyster Bed

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RecalcitrantRon

Supporting Member
Marketplace
From my trip to Washington State end of May beginning of June.

RJS_8629-Enhanced-NR copy.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
RJS_6464.jpg
RJS_8056.jpg
RJS_8164.jpg
RJS_1686-Enhanced-NR.jpg
RJS_0706-Enhanced-NR.jpg
RJS_0564.jpg

Interesting action sequence. Since you put it in for critique the one thing that jumps out for me is the shadows are often clipped so much that on my monitor parts are detail-less. I see how it happens because it's a bright day and you want to protect the high lights in the head. I'm wondering if you can selectively bring up the blacks/shadows to try to pull some detail out?

Interesting action sequence. Since you put it in for critique the one thing that jumps out for me is the shadows are often clipped so much that on my monitor parts are detail-less. I see how it happens because it's a bright day and you want to protect the high lights in the head. I'm wondering if you can selectively bring up the blacks/shadows to try to pull some detail out?
Thanks for taking the time to critique. I did quite a bit of shadow pulling in LRC on several of these images as it is very difficult to keep those "bald" heads of theirs from blowing out. That said, other than the belly of the bird in the second photo and a few spots in the wings in the fourth (which in the sun was a very high contrast image), I am not seeing much in terms of blocked up shadows.

Very nice, Ron. I can appreciate the challenges of the contrast in this location.
The blue skies make for more pleasant images than the grey's, but the dynamic range becomes really high.
I think your management of the exposure worked really well.
I get to shoot here pretty often, and I think I need to work a bit to match what you have shown here today.
Well done.

Very nice, Ron. I can appreciate the challenges of the contrast in this location.
The blue skies make for more pleasant images than the grey's, but the dynamic range becomes really high.
I think your management of the exposure worked really well.
I get to shoot here pretty often, and I think I need to work a bit to match what you have shown here today.
Well done.
Kind of you say. Thanks.

Back