** Preparing the Meal for Delivery

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Last week I was at the local nest, which only has one chick and almost ready. By now it may have taken the leap. In the meantime the adult left the nest and five minutes later came back with a great prize, a Flounder, but made a stop before delivering to the nest. After devouring the head it delivered it the nest.

1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last week I was at the local nest, which only has one chick and almost ready. By now it may have taken the leap. In the meantime the adult left the nest and five minutes later came back with a great prize, a Flounder, but made a stop before delivering to the nest. After devouring the head it delivered it the nest.

View attachment 94242
View attachment 94243
View attachment 94244
View attachment 94245
View attachment 94246
View attachment 94247
View attachment 94248
View attachment 94249
Excellent set Chris👍👍👍

Chris you got some terrific shots here. While there is a lot of waiting it is so good when the male brings the fish in and having the nest so close and low sure makes for some stunning shots. When I was there last week the male placed the flounder on the wrong side of the nest so the feeding was blocked by the females rear end. Going back today and hope for better luck. These must have been late in the day as the light is very nice. Hope to see you there soon.
Jim T.

Back