Prey In Sight - Going For A kill

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Yezdi

500_3059.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

500_3071.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Amazing, I wouldn't want to be anywhere close to" THAT " its quite clear it was LUNCH TIME LOL.
We have a small zoo nearby and last year a female keeper was killed by a Big Cat.
Blimey they are not to be toyed with!

Thanks Callie...Such sightings are a bit rare. I have yet to get a shot of the actual kill in motion
Yedzi
We have been going to the bush for more than 30 years and we still have to see a lion kill. Have seen a leopard kill with no camera and two cheetah kills. But even the small stuff like a Heron and frog or KF and fish or mantis and bee is way up there - the wonder of it is ever new!

I agree with you Callie. To get a kill shot one must tirelessly pursue the subject, sometimes even for days. This is near impossible especially when you do safari's with other people around you.

Glad that thing was pointed somewhere else! I saw this terrifying video from India where a tiger runs out of the woods and tries to take down a motorcycle with a couple of guys on it. Incredible animal, and what a privilege to see it on the hunt.

Glad that thing was pointed somewhere else! I saw this terrifying video from India where a tiger runs out of the woods and tries to take down a motorcycle with a couple of guys on it. Incredible animal, and what a privilege to see it on the hunt.
Such incidents do happen from time to time. A tourism boom and the quest to explore newer territories, the digital revolution in photography, access to information on the Internet and mobile phone cameras have changed the very ethics of wildlife and natural history photography. More than a few decades ago, there were a handful of people who pursued wildlife photography as a passion. Those days of film rolls were not easy—one could take only 36 pictures per roll. Cameras, lenses and accessories were expensive and hard to come by. Insensitive photographers now a days collude with greedy safari drivers and irresponsible forest guides to agitate and provoke animals for “action photography" for an award-winning shot. Conservationists opine that over time, such malpractices have altered the behaviour of large mammals, making them aggressive and stressful.

The sad truth is that for every responsible photographer who respects nature and tries to minimize his or her impact, there are hordes of unruly, uncaring shutterbugs, who have become a menace to wildlife. Most photographers probably don’t even think about their impact (ecological footprint) on wildlife habitats, and may regard animals simply as models that exist for their photographic pleasure. The current situation reminds me of the bygone era of shikaar (hunting) parties; the only difference is that the gun has been replaced by the camera.

Last edited:
Back