Programming Video Record Button

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

When shooting stills, I have the Video Record Button on my Z9 programmed to Focus Mode/AF Area mode and, while rotating the sub-command dial (rear) does change the AF Area Mode, rotating the main command dial (front) either direction doesn't change the Focus Mode. Any suggestions to remedy this? I very well could be overlooking something.

When shooting stills, I have the Video Record Button on my Z9 programmed to Focus Mode/AF Area mode and, while rotating the sub-command dial (rear) does change the AF Area Mode, rotating the main command dial (front) either direction doesn't change the Focus Mode. Any suggestions to remedy this? I very well could be overlooking something.

Set the dial to do what you want in the custom>control settings. Some functions are not available for the custom settings though.

Check custom setting A9- focus mode restrictions. If you have limited that setting to AFC, for example, then rotating the main command dial won't change the AF mode.

Back