Promaster Velocity CINE CFexpress vs Delkin Black CF Express

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ivan Rothman

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I've been told that the Promaster Velocity CINE CFexpress type B card is actually made by Delkin and is the same card as the Delkin Black but at a significantly lower cost. Does anyone know more about this?

I've been told that the Promaster Velocity CINE CFexpress type B card is actually made by Delkin and is the same card as the Delkin Black but at a significantly lower cost. Does anyone know more about this?
I don't know if Delkin actually makes the Promaster cards, but I can say that, generally speaking, the quality of Promaster products isn't nearly as good as some of the leading name brands. Years ago, I purchased Promaster batteries, filters, and even a tripod. The batteries died after 8 months, and I ended up throwing away the filters, and giving away the tripod. The only Promaster product I still have is a small photo backpack, which has held up well. As for name brand cards, yes they're ridiculously expensive, but I'm willing to pay for reliability and speed - the last thing I want is for a card to fail in the field, especially if I'm traveling to a more distant location. In my opinion, cards aren't something you want to take a risk on.

I agree with you completely about using only the best quality cards. But I have been told by what I consider a reliable source that the Promaster card is the Delkin Black card made by Delkin and just relabeled. But like you, I am still a little wary so that is why I posted this thread to see what others think or know.

I agree with you completely about using only the best quality cards. But I have been told by what I consider a reliable source that the Promaster card is the Delkin Black card made by Delkin and just relabeled. But like you, I am still a little wary so that is why I posted this thread to see what others think or know.
I wish you luck! Personally, I just wouldn't take the risk.

The specs look very similar to Delkin - including the replacement warranty and reference to a relatively high minimum sustained write speed.

Back