Puffins, Inner Farne Northumberland

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

LTK

First time visit to Inner Farne Northumberland to see the Puffins, unfortunately the weather was a little challenging both days and you only get an hour on the island each visit . It was still a great experience though and I’ll definitely be going back

DSC05852 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC04957 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC05026 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC08761 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC04601 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC04589 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC09161 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC09230 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC06347 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC04832 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC04820 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC05817 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC05778 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC05821 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC05618 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC05513 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC05203 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

First time visit to Inner Farne Northumberland to see the Puffins, unfortunately the weather was a little challenging both days and you only get an hour on the island each visit . It was still a great experience though and I’ll definitely be going back

DSC05778 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC05821 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC05618 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC05513 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr

DSC05203 by Leon Kirkbride#2, on Flickr
Beautiful photos Leon! Exposures are dead on. Awesome BIF👍👍👍

Great job. All great shots, and I don't think I have ever seen nest shots like that before. You handled the lighting quite well. I'm heading out to Machias Seal Island (weather permitting) to shoot Puffins next Friday and your images are definitely inspiring.

Reactions: LTK
Woe, now I am jealous, it has been decades since I sae those up close... Beautiful images so, especialy those where the Puffins do more than fly (as birds do) or look pretty (as Puffins always do)! Seems I know what I'll do next year for a long week-end, find a place to enjoy those funny little fellows!

Reactions: LTK
Great job. All great shots, and I don't think I have ever seen nest shots like that before. You handled the lighting quite well. I'm heading out to Machias Seal Island (weather permitting) to shoot Puffins next Friday and your images are definitely inspiring.
Thanks must admit I was struggling with the lighting , some of the nests was just a few meters from the paths and lots of the grass was overgrown . Luckily you could get reasonable angles from the paths and just crop in . I wanted to go a few years ago but with Covid and then bird flu we had to put it on hold . Definitely fun little birds to watch and photograph

Woe, now I am jealous, it has been decades since I sae those up close... Beautiful images so, especialy those where the Puffins do more than fly (as birds do) or look pretty (as Puffins always do)! Seems I know what I'll do next year for a long week-end, find a place to enjoy those funny little fellows!
Thank you , you'll enjoy them so hopefully you can find somewhere to visit them . Inner Farne is great I just wish we had longer than an hour on the island , hoping they they extend it