QD Solution for Sunwayfoto lens foot (with pic)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have the below lens foot which I use as a replacement for the original Nikon 500E f/4. It has a great low profile and Arca-compatible. I use a Peak Design (PD) Slide Strap, and would like to mate it with QD loops, or something else.

The problem with the foot is it lacks QD holes in it, or any other opening that would allow me to attach the PD string loops. I'm wondering what options would I have.

1709422349782.png

Some options I thought of:
- buy a small Kirk 1" clamp with QD hole. I'll attach my PD loop to the QD loop. the other PD loop will mate with my camera plate.
- buy a lens plate with 2 QD holes, or one hole and a metal piece I can attach the PD loop to. I'll be carrying the whole rig from the lens foot with one end of the strap attached to one end of the lens foot, while the other is hopefully not too close.

open to your suggestions and thoughts.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Not sure what 500 f/4 you have but I suggest buying a foot from Chris Hejnar (https://www.hejnarphotostore.com/product-p/h105-r2..htm) or equivalent.
Thanks - buying a different foot is not among my priorities. But I'll keep it in mind if I find no alternative. Interestingly as I looked at their site, they have a 4" plate with 2 QD sockets, but it has a ridge. Would have probably been great had this been 5".

Back