Question about backing up Z9 settings on a CFExpress card.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

simplynature

Bill Chambers
Supporting Member
Marketplace
I just got a second Z9 and wanted to load the same settings as my other body onto the new one. I read over Steve's instructions in his Z8/Z9 book, and am loading the settings onto my CFExpress card currently, but it is taking a VERY LONG time. Is this normal? Does anyone know how long it should take to load the settings to the card? It's been around 30 minutes so far and the little green light (by the OK button) is still blinking.

Has anyone else done this and does it usually take this long?

I just got a second Z9 and wanted to load the same settings as my other body onto the new one. I read over Steve's instructions in his Z8/Z9 book, and am loading the settings onto my CFExpress card currently, but it is taking a VERY LONG time. Is this normal? Does anyone know how long it should take to load the settings to the card? It's been around 30 minutes so far and the little green light (by the OK button) is still blinking.

Has anyone else done this and does it usually take this long?
No - should take like less than a second. btw not sure what you mean by "loading"

I'd say turn off the camera, take the card out, and put it back in making sure it's seated well. Try again. If that fails, format the card (get any images off it first, if readable), then try again. gl

About an hour ago I saved my Z9 settings to a new CFe card I plan to use only for the purpose of settings backup. The save took about a second. I did, however, do a full format of the card IN CAMERA, before saving settings.

As stated in the previous replies less than a second. I did this today when I picked up my 2nd Z9. You may want to format the card in the first Z9 and save the settings again. Be sure you verify the save settings has completed before turning off the camera and removing the card. Be certain that the card is in the "A" slot for saving the setting in the first Z9 and is in the "A" slot in the new Z9. The only setting that I found that was not copied was the Date/Time. Good luck.
I hope this helps. ....Bill

Back