Question about troubleshooting posts

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Like all good photo forums, I know that there are going to be a number of troubleshooting posts from folks trying to figure out what went wrong in a shoot or with a piece of gear. While the resized jpegs we post can sometimes show the problem, there are a lot of cases where the raw file is the best source for clues, especially since it can display things like AF points. Is it recommended that we place the raw file on a file sharing service and provide a link to it in the post in case folks want to examine it?

--Ken

That's the best way to go - something like Dropbox would work great. I'd allow larger file sizes, but the server's HDs would soon become overwhelmed.

@Replytoken I did suggest the same thing in another thread, but @Steve and BackCountry is so popular, my thread is now lost in the ethernet... (see my signature) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Happy to have a look and put my interpretation on anything you or anyone else posts and I know there are those in this community with far superior skills that would also love to have a look. I say "Go for it and post".

I had assumed that was the way to go, but just wanted to check. @Steve Hosting raw files would not only overwhelm your servers, but also your wallet as well. I have a Box account that I often use for things like this, so no issue there.

Thanks,

--Ken

Back