Rainbow pre-fight weigh in

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Robert S

Not sure to what extent fermented nectar brought about all this:

Rainbow PP 23 12 21 --DeNoiseAI-standard resize.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Start of weigh in

IMG_5454 1 (1 of 1) resize.jpg

The challenger head buts the champ in the wing pit

IMG_5451 1 (1 of 1).jpg

An all out brawl erupts. A scally breasted lorikeet reporting for Avian Fight World looks concerned

IMG_5462 resize.jpg

The challenger retreated for some first aid attention

IMG_5463 resize.jpg

Only to return to the feeding square a short while later

The bout was declared void after the champ appealed to the ABBA [ Avian Bird Boxing Association ]

PS: I have way too much spare time.

All of the shots appear very soft, and the backgrounds are too busy and just ring, and the perches aren’t ideal. Birds are too small in frame for me as well. I like the lighting!
Have you checked out the stills of the Normandy landings BAL? I rekon I did ok just to record the event :)
That first shot is awesome. Looks like a raucous crowd.
Thanks Dan.

For my education - where was this? If I had these coming to my local feeder I would be very tempted to stay home and save on travel expenses :cool:

@dupcak In Tasmania Rainbow Lorikeets are an invasive species creating havoc with the local bird populations, they are NOT WANTED according to the Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania, not sure you would want them at your feeder.

For my education - where was this? If I had these coming to my local feeder I would be very tempted to stay home and save on travel expenses :cool:
Nearest city is Toowoomba, SE Queensland. Rainbow Lorikeets are considered 'feathered rats'. Aggressive birds. Noisy Miners are worse. They have chased all the small birds and some of the bigger ones away since they moved in.

Back