Random insects

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

sh1209

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Nikon Z7-2 Nikon 105mm Z macro lens
I missed my shutter speed on the moth, hence the blurred wings, which i could kick myself for LOL.
1-Hummingbird clearwing on bergamot
2-Bumblebee
3-Orchard mason bee
4-Beetle on St-Johns wort
5-Honey bee on bergamot
Z72_2289-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Z72_2314-Edit.jpg
Z72_2353-Edit.jpg
Z72_2380-Edit.jpg
Z72_2381-Edit.jpg

I don't think there's anything wrong with the blurred wings. It's a nice image. The bergamot has yet to bloom around here. Your last image might a hoverfly.

Yeah I wasn’t sure about that one. The wings are odd on that one. The bergamot is really abundant here now. It makes a great place to shoot insects of all types as long as you don’t get stung lol. I got nailed a couple weeks ago because I got a little too close to a bumblebee.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the blurred wings. It's a nice image. The bergamot has yet to bloom around here. Your last image might a hoverfly.
You must be pretty far north in Minnesota I’m assuming? I have to go to Rochester a couple times a year to the Mayo Clinic and it seems their growth is similar to here.

You must be pretty far north in Minnesota I’m assuming? I have to go to Rochester a couple times a year to the Mayo Clinic and it seems their growth is similar to here.
Yes, I'm about 100 miles from the Canadian Border (300 from Rochester). I have several acres of pollinator habitat that I planted which has a lot of bergamot that the bees and insects of all kinds like. It's just forming flower buds now, but it's been so dry I'm not sure what the flowers will be like late summer.

Yes, I'm about 100 miles from the Canadian Border (300 from Rochester). I have several acres of pollinator habitat that I planted which has a lot of bergamot that the bees and insects of all kinds like. It's just forming flower buds now, but it's been so dry I'm not sure what the flowers will be like late summer.
That sounds really nice having your own little habitat.

Back