Razorbill (high-key portrait)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Jmaes

Supporting Member
Marketplace
High-key portrait of a Razorbill.

Besides just being an absolutely stunning looking bird, the Razorbill’s characteristics make it the perfect candidate for black & white photography. In this case, I framed this bird up against a white/grey sky and purposely overexposed everything but the darker tones. This gives the impression of the bird almost blending into the frame in a way.

Razorbill_high_key.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

That one is beautiful, you are right, the high key BW look works perfectly!

Very well processed as well, not over saturated and contrast is just right!

On top of all that, is unusual in the most positive sense!

That one is beautiful, you are right, the high key BW look works perfectly!

Very well processed as well, not over saturated and contrast is just right!

On top of all that, is unusual in the most positive sense!
Thank you, much appreciated.

This specific bird was quite patient with me, allowing me time to experiment a bit and try things beyond the "normal" shots (which I got plenty of as well of course).

Animals are such divas, aren't they? Difficult models, and if they have feathers, they can also just decide to call it a day and litterally fly off!

Glad you found a patient one, really enjoyed your portrait!

High-key portrait of a Razorbill.

Besides just being an absolutely stunning looking bird, the Razorbill’s characteristics make it the perfect candidate for black & white photography. In this case, I framed this bird up against a white/grey sky and purposely overexposed everything but the darker tones. This gives the impression of the bird almost blending into the frame in a way.

View attachment 93324
That’s a wall hanger Jochen! Well done!

Back