Re-setting my Z9 video button after re-assigning it to something else in Custom Functions

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Dean

Supporting Member
I recently have found the need to shoot video on my Z-9 but had previously overrode the factory setting and set the video button to another function. How do I re-set the video button to the factory default without having to reset all the other custom functions?

I'm curious about this question...and I don't want to assume anything which is why I'm asking.

If you reprogrammed your video record button, did you do that for shooting stills to say something like FX/DX swap? Changing it in the custom controls setting, F2, for shooting stills would not change it's function when you've switched to Video mode. You'd have to go into the G2 setting to change it to something else that would only apply when you had the stills/video switch in video mode.

When shooting stills, I have the video record button set to select AF mode now...formerly FX/DX switch, but when shooting video, it still does it's original task, which I've never changed.

Back