"Read the Manual" responses?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I haven't found manual information all that helpful, and I have found answers mostly by accident, and mostly after finding out what unusual name that the function or feature is called. I've tried calling the "help" desk of the manufacturer, and the Tech doesn't know, and goes to ask an "Old rep", and the answer is wrong.:cautious: I depend greatly on the "Dummies" volumes for whatever camera I happen to be learning, and find them much more user friendly than manuals or techs. I wore out my first "Dummies" book, and bought another, which I had spiral bound. At least for me, it takes time, and something other than a factory manual or opinions on line to clear up the mystery of a new camera. What is your experience?

With my z9, I found only one thing that I've run into that isn't pretty explicit in the manual (or at least, the version at the time, which might have been 3.x I think). Other than that, it's pretty straightforward for me to read it and understand the feature.

Back