Realized... I need a nice polarizer...

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I explored stacking again today and decided I need a polarizer. Ordered the Zeiss circular from Adorama moments ago. I think that will help things like the yellow buds in this shot. Otherwise I feel I'm getting into the routine. I am using a Nikon 105 f2.8 macro on my D780 body. I move around 2 Lume Cube pro panels for lighting on a tabletop setup. Also added a Neewer 20mm extension tube on this shot which I was happy to see works fine with the focus shifting setting. For now I'm grabbing my wife's potted plants but will go outside as the weather warms and Spring flowers start blooming.
Best to All,
VinnyH
PS: f8, ISO 100, 1/15 in manual, took 100 shots, used about 75 after viewing in Bridge
flowertest4222.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I explored stacking again today and decided I need a polarizer. Ordered the Zeiss circular from Adorama moments ago. I think that will help things like the yellow buds in this shot. Otherwise I feel I'm getting into the routine. I am using a Nikon 105 f2.8 macro on my D780 body. I move around 2 Lume Cube pro panels for lighting on a tabletop setup. Also added a Neewer 20mm extension tube on this shot which I was happy to see works fine with the focus shifting setting. For now I'm grabbing my wife's potted plants but will go outside as the weather warms and Spring flowers start blooming.
Best to All,
VinnyH
PS: f8, ISO 100, 1/15 in manual, took 100 shots, used about 75 after viewing in Bridge
View attachment 35559

It looks good. I will have to screw my 105 f/2.8 macro onto my D780. You've inspired me. I use only the high end B+W and Marumi filters.

One thing I discovered with macro is that the regular brightness histogram and blinkies only work to show overexposure if two of the three rgb colors are blown. So if only one color is blown as can happen it distorts the whole color as it tries to recover. The solution is to display the 3 separate color rgb histogram so you see if an individual color gets blown. Not saying the polarizer doesn't help, but kinda in addition to.

Back