Really Right Stuff Used Tripod Legs

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ecycled

Supporting Member
Marketplace
So have found (used, excellent condition) a set of Really Right Stuff TVC-24L (Long) Series 2 Versa Style tripod legs. Over past couple of years I’ve definitely outgrown my older set from Manfrotto, mainly the weight capacity. Have larger glass and bodies now (D850, D6, 300 2.8 II, etc). Looking for stability and reliability more than anything.

Interested in opinions on these legs. A couple of reviews (maybe two) spoke of issues with leg extension locks failing but I’d say overwhelmingly most have been highly favorable.

Have considered getting a new set of Gitzo carbon tripod legs (looking at Systematic Series 4) to compliment a Gitzo carbon monopod I have but not set on that given the decent price on what I know is a company known for quality (RRS).

Thanks!

I have the RRS TVC-24L tripod. I've used it for several years, mostly for landscape work. Occasionally for wildlife work.

Initially I used it with a D850, D500 and Z7. I now use it with a Z9 and Z8. For landscape work I mainly use the Z 14-24, Z 24-70 f2.8 and Z 70-200. At times the F mount 19 mm PCE on an FTZ or FTZII adapter. The heaviest set up I have used it with so far is a Z9 + Z 800 mm PF + 1.4x TC, with an RRS BH-55 or a Flexshooter Pro.

I've been quite happy with the tripod. I like the longer length (e.g., on uneven terrain). It has been stable for me in the situations I have used it in. It's a reasonable choice for travel (I pack it in my duffel for air travel) and has gone on many trips with me.

I have had no problems with the leg locking mechanisms.

I also have a Gitzo Series 2 tripod. The RRS TVC-24L has bigger tubes than my Gitzo Series 2 tripod and is more stable with a heavy setup.

So have found (used, excellent condition) a set of Really Right Stuff TVC-24L (Long) Series 2 Versa Style tripod legs. Over past couple of years I’ve definitely outgrown my older set from Manfrotto, mainly the weight capacity. Have larger glass and bodies now (D850, D6, 300 2.8 II, etc). Looking for stability and reliability more than anything.

Interested in opinions on these legs. A couple of reviews (maybe two) spoke of issues with leg extension locks failing but I’d say overwhelmingly most have been highly favorable.

Have considered getting a new set of Gitzo carbon tripod legs (looking at Systematic Series 4) to compliment a Gitzo carbon monopod I have but not set on that given the decent price on what I know is a company known for quality (RRS).

Thanks!

Love mine. Never had issues despite great abuse, but if I had, parts and repairs are a call away. Outstanding products and great company.

I use the TVC 24L legs.....LOVE them. Try to ascertain how well they have been treated. I've had no problems with the locking "twists". Decide if you can trust the seller.............

I use the TVC 24L legs.....LOVE them. Try to ascertain how well they have been treated. I've had no problems with the locking "twists". Decide if you can trust the seller.............
Thanks to all for the positive replies. Found on KEH so I’m familiar with them having bought from before. They’re rating them LN- (like new minus).

I have the RRS TVC-24L tripod. I've used it for several years, mostly for landscape work. Occasionally for wildlife work.

Initially I used it with a D850, D500 and Z7. I now use it with a Z9 and Z8. For landscape work I mainly use the Z 14-24, Z 24-70 f2.8 and Z 70-200. At times the F mount 19 mm PCE on an FTZ or FTZII adapter. The heaviest set up I have used it with so far is a Z9 + Z 800 mm PF + 1.4x TC, with an RRS BH-55 or a Flexshooter Pro.

I've been quite happy with the tripod. I like the longer length (e.g., on uneven terrain). It has been stable for me in the situations I have used it in. It's a reasonable choice for travel (I pack it in my duffel for air travel) and has gone on many trips with me.

I have had no problems with the leg locking mechanisms.

I also have a Gitzo Series 2 tripod. The RRS TVC-24L has bigger tubes than my Gitzo Series 2 tripod and is more stable with a heavy setup.
Thank you. Very helpful.

Back