Reassuring presence of owls

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Cristobal

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A walk yesterday in one of the parks of Quebec city allowed me to observe for a long time those two owls; first, a Long -Eared owl in it's camouflage posture (very unusual here during winter)...

CS0_7329-Modifier.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

...regurgitating a pellet...

CS0_7307-Modifier.jpg

Then, farther, seeming to observe us from the top of a pine, a Barred Owl.

CS0_7271-Modifier.jpg

Very nice. There are a pair of great horned owls that live at my Tucson condominium complex (one in a tree near me and one in another tree, though they nest annually in the one near me). The problem is they are hard to see through the leaves (and the trees they are in do not shed leaves in winter).

Lovely shots! And agree, being in the presence of owls is a calming, reassuring experience.
Thank you very much Steven! During the day, as you know, owls are very quiet creatures and it's a kind of contemplative experience until, in the case of the Barred Owl, a red squirrel came so close without causing any reaction to the bird but not to me!

Very nice. There are a pair of great horned owls that live at my Tucson condominium complex (one in a tree near me and one in another tree, though they nest annually in the one near me). The problem is they are hard to see through the leaves (and the trees they are in do not shed leaves in winter).
Thank you! Yes it's often the case; for example, Long-Eared Owls hide most of the time in conifers during the day; exceptionaly, this guy was exposed.

Back